A qualified counsellor is available for triage and professional advice to students and families 4 1/2 days per week. The counsellor is a very good first port of call when students or families are experiencing emotional or social difficulties. They will refer families and students to appropriate channels of professional support if needed.
Students can request an appointment to see the counsellor; staff can, in consultation with parents, refer a student to the counsellor and parents can also approach the counsellor themselves.
The Counsellors can be contacted by email at Jessica.email@example.com
Support During COVID-19
While our students are learning from home, our Counsellors, Jessica and Sarah, will be providing support via telephone or online using the Zoom platform. This service is available to both students and families of JPC.
- Appointments will be available throughout the week, as usual.
- If you would like to make an appointment, please email either Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and provide the following information:
- name of student
- school year
- whether the appointment is for the student or parent
- a brief outline of the reason for the referral
A counsellor will then make contact to arrange an appointment time and discuss your preference for a telephone or Zoom session.
- For telephone sessions, if the call is missed, a second attempt to make contact will be made after 5 minutes. If this is still not successful, the Counsellor will send an email to negotiate another time. If you are unable to make the scheduled time, please email the counsellor beforehand to cancel the session.
- For Zoom sessions you will receive an invitation via email with a link to your Zoom session. You do not need to already have a Zoom account; you will be invited to download the software once you click on the link. The same process as above will be followed ie. if you do not accept the session within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time, the Counsellor will send an email to negotiate another time.
Privacy & Confidentiality:
- To ensure privacy and confidentiality as much as possible, please make sure you are in a private place for your session; where others cannot hear your conversation or see your screen. This is your responsibility; please advise the Counsellor if this is not possible.
- Should your counsellor become concerned about your safety or the safety of another student, the usual limitations around confidentiality exist.
We look forward to supporting the JPC community over this very difficult period.
The Student & Family Counselling Team
(Jessica and Sarah)