Dear Parents and Carers,
Please find attached a letter from our Director, Mr Ross Fox, advising all CECG communities of the arrangements that will be in place from tomorrow while the ACT is in lockdown.
With regard to our specific situation at St John Paul II College, please note the following:
- Tomorrow, Friday 13 August and Monday 16 August are pupil free days. This means that we cannot accommodate any students at school on those days.
- Parents and Carers who are unable to provide care for their children at home, please email Kris Davis on email@example.com to alert us that your child will be at school each day during the lockdown. Please note that we need to know numbers beforehand to ensure that we can provide appropriate supervision.
- As per the Director’s letter, all academic support will be provided remotely and those students at school will be accessing the remote program of learning along with all other students.
- Any assessment tasks that are due next week (ie from Monday 16 August to Friday 20 August) will be granted a two day extension from the date of expected submission to compensate for the two pupil free days. The exception to this is for practical tasks, which will be granted a seven day extension from the expected date of submission.
- We must ensure clear attendance records are kept. To do this, we will schedule Pastoral Care each day. Please note that it will take place at 11.20am each day, not at 9am as in the normal schedule.
- The school timetable will revert to the non-ILT schedule of 3 timetabled classes per week. Your child’s classroom teacher will advise their students of the face to face classes that will occur as per this schedule. Please note, that there will not be 3 face to face classes for each subject each week. For senior students, there will be two and for junior students there will be one. Students can access their teachers with queries via either their forum or by email.
- We expect all face to face classes to be held via Teams. Please find attached information on how to connect to Teams.
Thank you for all of your support during this difficult time. We will be messaging students with more specific information regarding the timetable and how classes with run.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any queries.
For all updates and Microsoft teams guides visit – https://www.jpc.act.edu.au/our-community/jpc-parents/covid-19-jpc-updates/